LYRIC VIDEO CONTEST – May/June 2018 – $200 PRIZE
We are so appreciative of your support for SARDONYX and the release of this new album SONS OF THE KINGDOM. 24 years is a long time to be off the radar as a live band and we weren’t sure how the album was going to be received. We’ve been working for the last 3 years tirelessly and praying for God to download His inspiration to us to share with all of you. We’ve been blown away at the response and the reviews that have been coming in have been truly humbling to say the least. Each of our songs is packed with scriptural, life changing truths and by you using your gifts with us, we can help people hear God’s word in a way they never did before. We have A LOT of work to do and still a lot of people have not heard this album. We need your help to make that happen. Social media has not been our best friend and really limits our reach, so you taking time to message someone, share the songs, share the videos help in a tremendous way…so please join us as we set out to speak life and reach those that need the uncompromising truths of His Kingdom!
You are our voice to the Christian metal community and as our fanbase, never underestimate the power of word of mouth and the “SHARE” function. We are setting out to develop content that you can use on a constant basis, and an important part of that is video.
Our goal is to develop video content for each of the songs on SONS OF THE KINGDOM which will be used not only for fan viewing on social media, but also for future endeavors including a potential BluRay/DVD release and possible live performances. With that being said we are excited to announce our first ever fan submitted lyric video contest!
FAN SUBMITTED LYRIC VIDEO CONTEST (for May/June 2018)
The song for this contest is the song “PERFECTED”! This is probably one of the hardest hitting songs on the album, and we want your God given creative prowess to create your interpretation of the video! Here is the song on YouTube:
Here is a brief synopsis of the song…
”This song was inspired by the many martyrs who have given their lives throughout the ages because they publicly proclaimed their faith and allegiance to our LORD, Jesus Christ. Although Christ secured eternal salvation once for all on the Cross – being perfected for all of us and resurrected from the dead – completing the work, suffering for Him is still part of the Christian life (Philippians1:29). Every believer in Jesus Christ should ask themselves if they would be willing to give their lives for Him.”
Rules are very simple…we want you to create an original lyric music video centered on the theme given. Lyrics can be found here àt https://lightshineministries.com/lyrics/sons-of-the-kingdom-lyrics/
NOTE: Scripture references do not have to be included with the lyrics.
Guidelines for creating your video for the song “Perfected”:
- The video you are making will become the property of LightShine International Ministries if it is chosen. Therefore no logos or links to your own business (no branding).
- Links at the end of the video need to lead people to: www.lightshineministries.com. No other URLs should be included in the video.
- Our goal is to emphasize the message of the song. Your video will be judged by how you paint a picture of the lyrical content of the song.
- We do not want graphic images in this video. Our song “Perfected” is about martyrdom and was inspired by the ISIS killings of Christians. How can you show Christians about to die without showing blood and gore? A line of Christians being led to their own death or showing them kneeling with a knife to their throats is permissible. But blood, beheadings, etc. is not permissible on your video submission. We want our videos to exhibit professional and spiritual discretion.
- How can you show joy and peace in the midst of extreme persecution, fear and impending death? How can you inspire the people who watch your video to give their lives for Jesus Christ if they were ever forced to be killed in a similar way?
- What images give God glory for His abiding Presence that gives His people peace throughout the process of being killed because they are followers of His?
- How can you show a supernatural reverence in the countenance of those being killed like Stephen did in Acts 7:54-8:1.
HOW DO I SUBMIT A VIDEO?
Post your video on YouTube and send us a link. An entrant can submit as many video entries as they would like…all content submitted must not have any credits or branding in the video, as the winning video will be the Official Lyric Video and becomes property of Sardonyx and LightShine Music Group. Proper credit will be given in the video description on YouTube or comparable media platform.
One (1) Grand Prize winner will win a $200 Visa Gift Card.
Prize is non-transferable and no substitution by winners or cash equivalent is allowed.
By submitting a video you acknowledge the following (aka THE FINE PRINT):
Entries may be submitted on YouTube starting on June 1, 2018. The deadline for submissions is 11:59 pm (eastern time, US) on Saturday June 30, 2018. Winners will be announced no later than Friday, July 6th, 2018.
All portions of the online entry form must be completed when you upload your video for it to be eligible.
Content must comply with all local and national laws of the country of origin and the United States.
Content must not 1) promote illegal behavior; 2) support racial, religious, sexual or other invidious prejudice; 3) advocate sexual or violent exploitation; 4) violate rights established by law or agreement; 5) invade the privacy of any person; or 6) be otherwise inappropriate as determined by LightShine Music Group in its sole and conclusive determination.
The only compensation for submitting a video is the opportunity to be awarded a prize if the entry wins. LightShine Music Group will pay filmmakers no additional compensation nor be liable to the filmmaker under any circumstances.
All entries must be submitted in English, if entries are not in English they must include English subtitles.
Ownership of the underlying intellectual property of the project becomes that of Sardonyx and LightShine Music Group
By accepting the prizes, winners agree to hold LightShine Music Group and all LightShine Music Group associates harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of such prizes.
Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused from participation in the contest or use/redemption of any prize.
Entrants agree to be bound by the official contest rules and decisions of the judges.
Questions should be sent to John Cassandro: firstname.lastname@example.org